The Bag

I had this amazing assemblage of many things
The bags were both borrowed
Somewhere at the bottom of the North Sea one finished

My imagination can not fill that bag
I looked away a moment
One of the two was gone

The bag Liz gave full of dirty clothes
It was very bright rainbow colored
Not in the way you are thinking

The best bag I ever had
I understood why they choose
There was little time

The bag Robert gave me had all of my valuables
Every last one to my Euro-Rail ticket
Wasn't a big bag

We searched the entire ship
Every inch was not difficult to see
He said they would throw the evidence over

It was just another bag for them
Probably never thought about it again
The bag was more important to Robert than Liz would be to me

Some things can go home again
Standing there with dirty clothes would  be the better story

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Generation Why?

More Holidays

Slavic Studies