Road House

I lived on a crossroads in Collinwood
Two half circles joined
A binary system

My angry sister said that I was angry
I lived in the past as much as the future
Investment on the ground floor

We were under-water but still standing
Nobody came by that much
Fifty one first cousins busy most of the time

Those few I remember
A crowd tried to wake my mother
The entire neighborhood awakened

Not like nothing ever happen
We gathered mostly with grievences
Lived on different planets

Up the hill
Down the valley
Nothing as far as were apart together

Picture is worth more words these days
More of what we say
Who it is we are speaking to

In the road house time is relative
My high school was an entire lifetime
My son's was a blink

Every month from the pandemic I would preach
Only thing changed I found myself in the corner of the road house
Somehow it was now too much

We invest at our own risk
This was not new to me
I would do it again

Not what you see as you pass along the road
Solving problems save for problems





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Generation Why?

More Holidays

Slavic Studies